Effective as of August 2022
Last Amended: August 2022
1. We respect your privacy
1.1. EZ Waiting Room LLC respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
1.2. “Personal information” is information that directly or indirectly identifies you or could be used to identify you
Personal information includes data such as:
- your first and last name;
- email address;
- unique online identifiers (e.g., cookie IDs);
- device identifiers (e.g., IDs for mobile advertising); and
- location data (e.g., latitude and longitude)
EZ Waiting Room LLC is committed to handling your personal information with care and honoring your privacy rights, regardless of where you are located. The information that does not contain any information that can be used to identify you is considered “Non-Personal Information.”
2. Collection of personal information
The information we collect depends on whether or not you choose to provide us with data, the nature of your interaction with us, and the products and services we offer.
The nature of the data collected often depends on the Services you are using; however, there are three main types of personal information we collect:
Information You chose to provide – We collect information when you create an account for our Services, when you consent or opt-in to providing data (e.g., geolocation data) via our mobile apps or websites, or when you contact us for customer support. We do not have login for our ez WaitingRoom app and as such we do not have any personally identifiable information; we only have geolocation data to confirm your being proximate to a participating doctor’s office.
Information Automatically Collected – We automatically collect anonymous information about how you interact with our Services, such as when you choose to share your location, use our apps, or visit our websites. This data helps us better understand our users’ anonymized use, interactions, and experiences with our Consumer Services.
Information from Third Parties such as Business Partners or Developers – Please note that the following is included to inform about the circumstances should EZ Waiting Room LLC ever choose to have a user login for consumers. Currently, and for our foreseeable future, we do not require, nor do we provide as an option, login for the use of our app and its services. We know this is unorthodox – we simply choose to guard your privacy to the fullest extent we deem possible while still providing you with a unique and enjoyable user experience.
3. Use of your personal information
EZ Waiting Room LLC may use personal information collected for the following
- To provide and deliver the Services to you and our customers (e.g. your employer) and to administer, assess, maintain and improve the performance of the Services.
- To allow you to access and use the Services (including authentication)
- To personalize and optimize your experience when using the Services and to ensure the Service is relevant to you, your device, and to deliver targeted content based on your information, location and preferences.
- To provide you with assistance and support in relation to your use of the Services and to processes and respond to a request or complaint that you may have.
- To research and develop the Services for the purposes of improving the Services, and to allow you to participate in surveys or interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so.
- To communicate with you about the Services and deliver promotional materials, special offers and general information about the Services which are similar to those you already use or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To protect the safety and security of the Services including detecting and responding to security incidents and other malicious or unlawful activity, and to detect, prevent and address technical issues.
4. Disclosure of your personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of your and our respresentatives such as employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of EZ Waiting Room LLC, www.ezwaitingroom.com, its customers or third parties.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
5. Security of your personal information
- EZ Waiting Room LLC is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
6. Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information, which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please complete the request form on our website.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
7. Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to by completing the form on our website. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you visit our website
When you come to our website (www.ezwaitingroom.com) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyze how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
party services such as Google Adwords. These ads may appear on this website or other websites you visit.
Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that EZ Waiting Room LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal identifiable information.
EZ Waiting Room LLC